Halloween is upon us, and that means it’s time to choose a costume! We have some alternatives for you so that you may stand out in a sea of Harley Quinns. Also, Shear Bliss offers hair and makeup services for Halloween! We will be open the weekend prior to Halloween and would be thrilled to help you achieve your desired look for your costume party, night out, or evening in! Now, on to our five suggestions!
1) Snapchat filter makeup! We have been seeing these look all over social media and even to the runway, so why not bring them to life in the real world? A crown of flowers or the famous deer filter would be a perfect and relatively simple costume!
2) Become a spooky pinup girl with the red lips and lashes and a twist! Your hair and makeup can be styled as normal, but the base of your makeup would be white and spooky circles would be added under the eyes.
3) Pick your favorite vintage model or actress and emulate her style for the night! Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn are always fun, but Brigitte Bardot, Raquel Welch, and Elizabeth Taylor are a little lesser used ideas that would be amazingly pretty.
4) Since we’re at the beach, you may want to become a beautiful mermaid! There are many idea for beautiful hair and makeup, not to mention the amazing costumes you would have to choose from.
5) Medusa. You bring the snakes, and we’ll do the hair. How fun would this costume be? The makeup ideas are endless, and the hair would be the highlight of any costume party. We are thinking striking red lips and an incredible updo.
Have any other ideas? Shoot us a message and let us know what you’re thinking!